All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
The community you’ll be caring for: AdventHealth Wauchula
Immediate Health Insurance Coverage
Great benefits such as: Educational Reimbursement
Career growth and advancement potential
Local arts scene from museums and theaters to festivals and galleries
Local restaurants with the authentic taste of Florida
Near 100+ clear, freshwater lakes. Ideal for swimming, boating and fishing
Beautiful agriculture and farmland
Nature and hiking trails
The role you’ll contribute:
Under the supervision of a registered nurse, the Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) provides fundamental physical and psychological nursing care to patients as part of the multidisciplinary team in accordance with the hospital’s mission, Florida Jail Standards, Hardee County Jail, physician, and patient expectations. The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) shall be responsible and accountable for making decisions that are based upon the individual’s educational preparation and experience in nursing.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
All essential functions must be performed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Performs an initial health intake data including medical and mental health conditions, communicable and/or other infectious diseases, current medications taken by inmate, mental status, current use of alcohol and other drugs on new inmates
• Responds to medical incidents during shift and provides medical care to inmates and/or the supervision of other detention medical personnel responding to an emergency
• Determine the need for attention of a health care provider and schedules medical visits as needed
• See inmates for medical emergencies and determine the priority of care needed. Provide emergency first aid as needed including BLS
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
• Minimum of Technical Certificate in Practical Nursing
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.