Location: Morristown, New Jersey
Internal Number: 12230209
Goryeb Children's Hospital at Morristown Medical Center, part of Atlantic Health System is Seeking an Adolescent Medicine Physician in Northern New Jersey
Goryeb Children's Hospital at Morristown Medical Center, part Atlantic Health System,is seeking an Adolescent Medicine Physician to join our amazing team. This physician will be a key member of a team of four highly trained adolescent medicine specialists, providing care to adolescents and young adults including general health care maintenance, gynecological care and family planning services, sexually transmitted infections, substance abuse, school issues and other behavioral health disorders.
The program has a busy, well-developed multidisciplinary eating disorders program and applicants must have training and interest in the clinical /medical aspects of eating disorders and research. This amazing team includes a child and adolescent psychiatrist, psychologists, a nurse practitioner, social workers and others.
- Participate in teaching of house officers and medical students working in adolescent medicine.
- Provide direct patient care services at Morristown and Overlook Medical Centers as well as at any satellite practice locations as required.
- Participate in the on-call rotation system with the other adolescent medicine physicians.
- Participate in clinical coverage of other sites such as juvenile detention center, youth shelter, college health.
- Market the practice through direct physician to physician communication, community education, community service or other appropriate channels.
- Maintain and implement standards for health promotion and health maintenance.
- Provide open and timely communication with patients, families and guardians.
- Participate in lectures at pediatric grand rounds, community education and scientific programs as may be delegated or assigned to the Physician by the Chair of Pediatrics or AMG leadership.
- Must be BE/BC in Pediatrics
- BE/BC in Adolescent Medicine is preferred
- Must be licensed or eligible for licensure in the State of New Jersey
- Strong work ethic and desire to participate in a team-oriented, performance-driven group
- Competitive salary
- Robust benefits with health, dental, Rx and vision plans
- 403b retirement plan with company match
- Reimbursement for Relocation
- Comprehensive Malpractice Policy
- Non-Profit Health System - eligible for Federal Student Loan Forgiveness
- $3500 for Annual CME and Time Off incremental to PTO days
- Full reimbursement for Boards and Licensing fees
- Tuition reimbursement for Advanced Degrees
- Voted "Great Place to Work "- 14 years strong!
- Outstanding growth & mentorship opportunities
EARN WHILE YOU LEARN. All resident and fellows have the opportunity to earn a generous monthly stipend paid during your final year of training. We want you to choose our winning team and become part of Atlantic Health System's physician enterprise.
To learn more about this position and other opportunities with Atlantic Health System, please send your CV to Lori Velasco, Physician Recruiter at Lori.Velasco@atlantichealth.org.
Goryeb Children's Hospital is an 86,000 square foot facility at Morristown Medical Center with facilities at Overlook Medical Center in Summit, NJ and 4 other subspecialty satellite locations. With over 250 pediatricians and 100 pediatric subspecialists from 22 different specialty areas, we offer comprehensive pediatric services. An independent pediatric residency training program exists with 38 residents, medical students on regular rotation, and status as a regional campus of the Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson. Goryeb Children's Hospital ranked (UHC) in the top 10% of children's hospitals nationally for pediatric quality and safety, serving 5 million population area across 11 counties in New Jersey.
Morristown Medical Center is rated the number one hospital in New Jersey by U.S. News & World Report for four years in a row. We are the only hospital in New Jersey named one of America's '50 Best Hospitals' for seven consecutive years by Healthgrades and one of the World's Best Hospitals (the 46th best hospital in the United States and number one in NJ) by Newsweek.
Atlantic Health System aims to deliver the highest quality, safety and care combined with the best experience for our patients and their families. We are confident that you will find success within Atlantic Health System, which has been named for the 14th year in a row to Fortune's "Top 100 Best U.S. Companies to Work For" list.
Atlantic Medical Group, comprised of 1,000 physicians and advanced practice providers, represents one of the largest multi-specialty practices in New Jersey and joins Atlantic Accountable Care Organization and Optimus Healthcare Partners as part of Atlantic Alliance, a Clinically Integrated Network of more than 2,500 health care providers throughout New Jersey.
Atlantic Health System, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and, therefore, abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual or affectional orientation, national origin or nationality, disability, age, genetics, protected veteran status, ancestry, marital status.